We often get asked this question during class so here are some wonderful ideas to help you make healthy decisions:
- If you are doing the 6am class, have 1/2 a banana before class if you need to. Chances are you will be getting up at 5:30 so eating too much within that 30 minutes may give you cramps. Be sure to have 1 glass of water as well.
- If you are doing the 6pm class have a snack at 4pm. 23 almonds and 1 banana, 1 clif bar or 1 slice silver hills bread 1 T nut butter. You MUST have a snack before class or you will not have any ‘juice’ to pump up the jam and give it your all!
- After class, you should be having either breakfast or dinner. For breakfast have your 1 grain, 1 protein/dairy, 1 fat, 1 fruit. EX: 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 c greek yogurt, 1 c berries 1 t flax. Dinner should be 1 grain, 1 protein, 2 fat, 2 veggies. EX: 1/4 chicken, 1/2 c brown pasta, 2 t olive oil, 2 c mix squash/onions. (tomato sauce for pasta. You can even mix it all together YUM!)
- Eating too little will only backfire on you and make you want to BINGE EAT. Keep that blood sugar at a normal level with 3 meals and 1-2 snacks and you will have lots of energy for a kick-butt workout! Need more advice? Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that’s related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you’re like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.
Symptoms specific to winter-onset SAD, sometimes called winter depression, may include:
- Tiredness or low energy.
- Problems getting along with other people.
- Hypersensitivity to rejection.
- Heavy, “leaden” feeling in the arms or legs.
Don’t worry, you are NOT alone!! Here are some things you can do to combat this condition:
- Get some exercise! Even just 20 minutes a day can boost your mood for 12 hours. Who couldn’t use that?
- Take your happy pills! A multi vitamin and extra Vitamin B 12 can help during these rainy months in Rain-couver.
- Go for coffee and chat. Talking with friends can release endorphins and make you feel great! (No negative talk!!)
- Get some light! If you work in an office get outside if there is any sun, or get a bright light and get some light therapy!
- Eat your veggies! Be sure to get a colorful array of veggies in your diet to ensure you are getting all the nutrients you need!!
- Sign up for a 5/10km run and get some friends to train with you. Then you can chat after
Remember that this too shall pass. Stay focused on your goals and keep exercising my friends!!
If you could make one health and fitness change before the end of the year, what would it be?
Will you make 2017 the year you finally make the transformation to a fitter, more athletic, and more energetic version of yourself? With the help of Survivor Bootcamp and our Fall Fitness Challenge program, that transformation is only 6 short weeks away.
Need more motivation? One challenger will win a Spa Getaway at Spa Utopia valued at over $300! With the Fall Fitness Challenge you get all of the tools you need to get the changes you deserve:
The Fall Fitness Challenge costs just $209 for 6 weeks (5 days/week) or $189 for 6 weeks (3 days/week) For less than the price of our regular Bootcamp, you get all the extras and can win fantastic prizes! What are you waiting for? Let us help you be the BEST version of yourself! www.survivorfitness.com
- 6 weeks of Survivor Bootcamp
Get fit, lose inches, gain confidence and increase energy with the help of your trainer.
- 6 weeks of a great Nutritional food plan that can be tailored to your needs.
The extra butt kick you need to get going and to stick with your challenge goal.
- Weekly recipe ideas
Easy, healthy recipies that keep you fueled while minimizing preparation time
- Access to our Fall Fitness Challenge social network
Join the FB page, share your story, and get motivating feedback from all our challengers and trainers
- Amazing prizes, both at your location and across the Lower Mainland
Our trainers reward participation, progress, and sharing. Top challengers will receive great prizes and become finalists in the Fall Fitness Challenge grand prize award.
The weather is FINALLY co-operating and it is getting hot quickly! Here are a few tips for exercising in the heat:
- Wear sunscreen on your face, neck and hands! Unless you want age spots, in that case, please don’t wear any….
- Bring a spray bottle to cool yourself down when those burpees suck the life out of you…
- Pack a little towel or wrist band to wipe your never-ending forehead sweat…
- Bring 2 bottles of water with lots of ice to quench your unquenchable thirst….
- If you cramp, add a little gatorade to your water (not too much that stuff is full of sugar and calories)
- Wear sunglasses or a sun visor (it’s ugly but who cares..)
- Bring some Wet ones to wipe the sweat off your mat ( or someone else’s sweat ewwwww…)
- And of course… CHANGE YOUR RUNNERS every 6 months! Winners in Metrotown has GREAT deals on Saucony’s right now… See you in the sun everyone! http://www.survivorfitness.com
This is what hard work, healthy eating and persistence can do! It’s not easy getting up at 5:30am for a workout , especially when it’s dark and gloomy outside. Packing your own lunch and taking time to chop your veggies etc. is an integral part of living healthy! This black dress had to be taken in a few times because it was still too big! WOW! – We at Survivor Bootcamp are very inspired by Disa. She now runs 10km and is a workout machine! So happy to have her in class, we thrive on getting people the results they want!