Owner, Survivor Fitness Coquitlam
Have you ever been to one of those kids play places; the huge fun zones with the ball pits, train rides and slides etc.? When I was there for my friends’ party for his child I was really struck by how many obese parents I saw…and on top of that almost all of the obese parents had over-fat kids too! That rant I will save for another post!
Who wants to fit into their skinny jeans again? Who else wants to try on some old smaller cloths and have them fit again? Can you imagine how awesome that would feel? Here’s quick list of 10 things you can do to fit back into your skinny jeans!
1. Don’t be Lazy. If you get offended because I just said “Don’t be lazy” then there is probably a good chance you are being lazy. If not, we’re all good; keep reading.
2. Don’t Procrastinate. I’m talking about those people who “think” about exercising all day but never do
for some reason…which leads us to…
3. Don’t make excuses. I have heard a lot (like dozens!) of excuses. I have yet to see anyone ever benefit from a excuse.
4. Stop eating junk food. Ever wonder why some people workout all the time but never seem to lose weight? Most of the time it’s because they won’t stop eating junk food! Not just pop, chips and candy; but poor choices at restaurants and even home cooked meals.
5. Drink water. If a gold fish can’t live in it, then you can’t call it water! Water is liquid life! Diet cola is liquid death!
6. Workout first thing in the morning. Working out first thing in the morning like we do at Survivor Bootcamp has dozens of benefits. Mainly it starts your day on a positive direction which can be carried out throughout the day.
7. Drop the Starchy Carbs. This mean breads, bagels, cereals, pasta, white rice and any other carbohydrate which leads us to;
8. Learn how to read food labels. The government requires almost every product to list the Proteins, Fat, Carbs, and Sugars. It’s so easy to figure out what you are putting into your body. Before you eat a can of fruit (peaches, pineapple, etc.) read the label first and reconsider options; you will be shocked to see it contains a ungodly amount of sugar that will halt any fat loss in its tracks!
9. Be Consistent. If you want to see results from eating healthy and exercising then you have to be consistent. I see people all the time who think that just because they ate healthy yesterday that they can eat bad today..WRONG! And these are the people who always have the hardest time losing weight. Duh!
10. Journal what you eat. This is probably the biggest and most important of all the tips. Journaling does a number of things but what I love about it the most is it brings self awareness to what we are doing RIGHT in our diet and what we are doing WRONG
The Whole key to getting healthier and losing pounds is doing more of the Right things in our life then the Wrong things.